Welcome to Risk Management Ltd
Welcome to the Risk Management Ltd website.
We are a niche consultancy helping clients manage risks using the protocols set out in AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 Risk management – Principles and guidelines, AS/NZS 5050: 2010 Business continuity: management of disruption-related risk and related Standards New Zealand and Standards Australia handbooks. We also help clients develop text-based risk and health education resources.
Our work is evidence-based and we use research evidence to support our opinions and advice. In some cases, we use best-practice guidance to help clients.
Risk management research
Chris Peace is carrying out postgraduate research at Victoria University in Wellington. That includes an anonymous online survey. The survey has now been running for a few weeks and the following general patterns are starting to emerge.
• Decisions are often supported by risk assessments, but uncertainty and the context are not always mentioned or discussed in detail.
• However, stakeholders are usually consulted as part of risk assessments.
• A simple majority of respondents said they use named risk techniques, suggesting that many do not.
• Risk criteria (risk appetite to some people) were not always developed or used.
• About a third of respondents work in risk management and about half are in New Zealand and Australia.
• Most have a degree and at least five years experience.
Where does this leave the survey? More respondentsare are needed from New Zealdnd as well as from other countries. So…
Participate in the anonymous online survey that forms part of this post-graduate research and helpgive a broader picture of risk management practices.
The survey is open to anyone whose work involves any part of decision making, management, or risk management. You should find it professionally interesting and stimulating!
Chris will be presenting survey results at the Risk NZ conference in October 2014. Also, a working paper containing the results will be posted on this website.
If you’re ready to start please click through here.