Business continuity management, operational risk management and associated emergency management
David can be contacted via RMAL
Phone 0064 272 489488
Email David on firstname.lastname@example.org
David has over 22 years’ direct experience in improving client resilience within diverse commercial and government sectors. Some assignments have comprised team-delivery with Chris Peace and David Thompson. His essential capabilities and knowledge stem from diverse managerial, operational, technical, and volunteer roles as a professional engineer within the telecommunications sector.
David tailors each service engagement to client-specific needs, using methodology appropriate to their circumstances and level of sophistication (status quo preparedness). His services span:
- Advisory and hands-on facilitation, information gathering and documentation;
- Planning development and maintenance phases at executive, operational and key-staff levels;
- Delivery of: critiques, reviews, assessments, frameworks, programmes, policy, documentation, procedures, training, and/or exercising/testing.
David’s expertise includes:
- governance of preparedness planning to deliver strategic post-event outcomes, and under-pinning continual improvement programme
- plan documentation with pragmatic content for flexible response and recovery roles, responsibilities and activities, inclusive of external/internal communications, 3 rd party dependencies, and business contingencies
- business impact analysis (BIA) methodology to reliably identify client-specific priorities, criticalities and operational dependencies across their services/production and business functions. Armed with such knowledge, subsequent crisis management, incident response and operational contingency planning is greatly strengthened against a broad range of disruptive risks and business impacts.
Qualifications and memberships
MBA (Victoria University Wellington)
BE (University of Auckland)
Member Business Continuity Institute
Member Wellington Engineering Lifelines Group,